Tuesday 12 May 2015

STREET FIESTA



 No birthday weekend is complete without ..foood.glorious food!! The Birthday Girl had already set her mind on a bit of al fresco eating in the form of Street Feast at Dalston Yard. Again, I have never been to the Street Feast but have heard great things about it. And since the weather was just absolutely beautiful, there was no reason not to. Although to be fair, they did have fire pits around the yard for anyone to huddle around if the temperature ever dropped.




 I just loved the ambiance, the concept and this very rustic kind of feel in the yard with the fire pits, graffiti drenched walls and rusting containers


 
The venue is actually quite massive and was almost full by the time we got there; we had a stroll through all the vendors and met some very hungry and friendly faces.

So the birthday girl had set her mind on Bleecker St. Burger which was definitely confirmed as we bumped into a Bleecker staff on our way in. Their description on the burger states ‘Arguably the best burger on the London streets’ so that kind of stamped the deal. We settled down with cups of pinacolada and then shortlisting places to have our starters from. Bottom , Bee’s sister selected the starters from ….and came around with 3 paper plates with 2 pork ribs on each. The portions were massive and it was Amaaaaaaazinnn!...we even had couple of guys stop by asking us where we got them from .Now most of the vendors I saw were new to me and I was most keen to try them out but after my “starter”I was stuffed, which should explain the portion sizes but still decided to check out Bee’s and Bottom’s food.

The queue for Bleeker St was quiet long and we thought we would check out this little bar for all gin lovers, which had an even longer queue. So it was a battle of the shortest queue, we finally decided on the Bleeker St.





Bee ordered a Bacon Burger and sweet potato fries for herself..although i kept knicking some fries in the name of 'for the blog!!!'…Ahhh! Sweet potato fries…mmm…NO…no distractions!




And I got a Chicken Satay rice box from the Sambal Shiok for the other half. All I can say street food is definitely meant to be consumed while around the streets, the rice box…well obviously not the box, the stuff in the box.. was quiet tasteless by the time I got home despite warming it up.
 


The Bleecker St Burger was good but they should definitely stick with the “Arguably” in their description as I have had better. But it definitely looked filling. I was so gutted I could not have any more as I was definitely finished for the day. I didn’t even have dessert and now that’s saying something .
 



I could go without starters or even mains…but not dessert! So this was definitely saying something. I had to leave around 8pm but there were still loads of girls and boys swarming through and no one, inside already, had any intention of calling it a night.

Gutted I couldn’t try Bottom’s slider burgers. They looked too cute..!

Needless to say Sunday was a not very productive day! Happy Birthday Bee! X
 






https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment