Tuesday 19 May 2015

GlossyBox


For a while now I have been thinking about starting a subscription to a monthly beauty box...I have never even attempted to do this before but there is a sense of excitement in expecting a box full of goodies delivered right to your house. (Even though you do have to pay for it!!)….There is actually a list of boxes that I want to try in the following months…and I get the feeling that I’m going to have mixed feelings about some of the boxes and I’m going to be kicking myself if I find out I just missed my perfect box by just a month.

Ok, so first month and we 'MAY' have the perfect box....geddit :)...we have The Glossybox. Every fashion blogger has done a review on this particular subscription box at least once in their blog lives. It does have a reputation of sending out some niche brands and on-trend beauty products. I love my beauty products and sometime ending up wasting crazy money on stuff just to find out later it is just wasn't for me and hence reckoned this might just be my kind of thing. It costs £10 per month plus£3.25 postage and packaging and you get a hand-picked selection of five miniature/tester products in an awesome pink box delivered directly to your door.

So let's see how I got along with my first ever Beauty box!!!!

**feeling quiet giddy right now !!

***Harps playing in the background!!


Ok, so it was a bit Meh !



I know the weather hasn't still made up its mind , but summer is definitely round the corner and keeping this in mind this month’s Glossybox gives a head start with some summer miniature and actual size treats from hair care to body care and makeup. And hence the aptly titled ‘Summer’s Calling’ listing all product information and actual prices. Now to be honest, I haven’t tried any of the products that I got and hence will have some fun reviewing them as well. And except for the moisturizer jar and post shave serum , all items were full sized and if you do a comparison with the actual prices that they go for. It’s definitely a bargain.
                           

1. MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand – Full Size RRP £6.95

I love my eyeliners and would not dare get out without some. I have some emergency stock at work , in the car and even in my first aid box !! So I was quiet glad that they decided to pack this in this month’s box. MeMeMe’s double ended eyeliner wand allows you to switch between a bold or subtle lines’ and I will most definitely be using this soon .And it comes in a shimmery turquoise colour! There’s also a 25% off order code for more online goodies from www.mememecosmetics.com... So yayy!




2. Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel – Full Size 40ml RRP £15.93

Ok, so I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m really rubbish at making an effort to keep myself moisturized. Unless I have a bad skin scare. So I wasn’t sure what I felt when there were 2 moisturizers in this month’s box, which means I have an additional 2 moisturizers that I might never use. But I will definitely make it a point to use it just to review it. The sacrifices one makes…..!!! Plus its aloe vera… so more hydration for the skin.






3. Zerreau Towel Off Shampoo Foam – Full Size 70ml £7.95


I looooove my dry shampoos….mainly cos ever since my little bundle of joy arrived I just don’t get the leisure to wash my hair on a regular basis. I was expecting another dry shampoo but was surprised to get….THE NEXT GENERATION …of dry shampoo, allowing you to wash your hair without water and even remove product. How posh must one be to wash one's hair…without a drop of water!!! It sounds like a product The Avengers might use and you know the Hulk definitely needs some.

Again another 20% off your next Glossybox by visting www.festivalshampoo.com
.




4. SASS Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate – Sample Size 30ml – Actual price RRP £12 for 100 ML


Ok so this is something I have always thought of buying. The SASS Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate is the perfect treat for your skin post-shave or wax. With your salicylic acid and fruit enzymes, it ensures that ingrown hairs are a thing of the past. And guess what …more aloe Vera!!



 
5. Philosophy renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer. –Sample Size 7 ml - Actual price RRP £35.50 for 60ml

So another moisturizer, I have heard and read lot about this in most mags and blogs but with 7ml I’m sure I will be done with it by the end of the week. It says it works to reduce the effects of environmental attack, from pollution to harsh weather to the London Transport System …..ok I added the last bit. But another offer with £7.50 off at boots.com when you buy a philosophy moisturiser or eye cream jar.



My Verdict

This month’s box was ok in my books but it could be just down to me never having a chance to use some of them so any excuse to use these new products and review them .But for the actual prices, this is definitely a bargain. This month’s box boasts four full sized products which totals up to a value of around £38.57. Overall, 3/5.



https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment