Monday 11 May 2015

Murder Mystery!




Street Map with trails
Instructions
Hello lovely peeps! I had a really eventful weekend, it was my main hommie’s b’day …now I get this feeling that if I’m going to be jotting down any of my escapades or do decide to do anything out of the mundane then she’s going to be most probably around or majorly responsible for it , considering this, henceforth she will be referred to as Bee and her sister, Bottom….for reasons obvious only to me!! So, on a rather miserable looking Saturday morning I was invited to take a trip into the world of A Door in a Wall. Now I was just told this was a murder mystery “thingy”and I said“yayy” as I haven’t tried anything like this before but it turned out to be an impressive interactive games session in actual Poplar locations. Now I have been told that they do change their performances on a monthly basis and this particular one that I attended would be just for the month of May and this was, The Life and Death of Paul Murrane.


Market Square
Now I’ve got to be honest here I wasn’t sure and was quiet sceptical about going as I wasn’t sure what to expect as Bee loves her loooooong walks the extra o’s should emphasize how much I detest this. She’s one of those people who go on holidays to only wake up at 6:30 in the morning (I should point that I’m not a morning person!)and then obviously as none of us could be bothered to make plans of any sort we end up going site-seeing half sleep walking. But, we all do it for the laughs! But this turned out to be surprisingly entertaining. What amazed me most was the co-operation from all the little shops and the people around the market place around where the production was taking place, even when we were crouching like idiots blatantly visible for everyone to see, and also the actors! The actors were just amazing , never breaking character even once!

A bit about our faction

So the drama takes place around Chrisp Street Market,Poplar, where first we headed to Alder & Alder a lawyers firm to first be briefed and then collect our assignment and be organised into a faction and decide on a quirky team name. We were The Quadrant Bubbles…did I mention it had to be quirky? After which we were on our way to prove why our faction were the worthy heirs to Murrane’s wealth. This involved trails around the market place, all within walking distance, interpreting clues and coming to conclusions as to who killed Murrane.


Our remuneration for a half-assed job!
Following clues
I’m not going to indulge too much into what the trails actually entails and what kind of clues we had to deal with but the planning and homework gone into arranging this really impressed me. We had to run around, make our way up and down a clock tower, attempt to impress a Major and also breakdown emotionally in front of a marketplace. Amidst of all this, I completely missed the fact that the weather had gotten better and it was definitely the perfect weather for solving a mystery (I assume!).

And More clues!
Clues, clues...
At the end of the investigation you head back to the Alder & Alder office and the team hands over the investigative report and then the wait for the Truth! Or at least find out if we got at least close to the truth, which we came very close to establishing. So ladies and gentlemen, The Quadrant Bubbles, please come to us for any Murder investigation and we may 'almost' solve it for you! Available for assignments asap! There were gold coins for the winning team and prizes for the best team name...my favorite was the The Paul-bearers...geddit!!!The game is around 3 hours long but was completely different and way more fun than I was expecting and I would definitely recommend it! 
X



Funny enough this was one of the clues...the clue was looking right back
at us from the windows on one of the top floor flats of this building!



https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment