Tuesday 3 May 2016

I'M BACK!!!


It’s been 5 months since my last post. Yes, I left my ‘baby’ for 5 whole months!!!  I just had way too much on my plate and just needed a break away from it all. Hope you all are doing good and are in the best of your health and spirits.

One thing I’ve learned from this whole exercise was just how difficult it was to stay motivated to blog as often as possible. The longer I left the more things got out of trend or got covered by hundred other bloggers/vloggers. But this place is my ‘baby’ and I have really decided to take things under control if not for anything else, mainly for just being really cross with myself for not being able to complete or continue something that I started.

So, the things that I was up to during my sabbatical…

Death

Well obviously not mine, but a really good friend of mine who was battling with cancer for 3 years. This just broke me. You know when your IT guys ‘advise’ you to just reboot your machine and see if it works. Well, I desperately needed a reboot. It’s weird how nothing ever prepares you for that feeling you go through when someone whose presence you have taken for granted is just not there anymore.  He was the life of the party, the one who loved to take pictures and make memories, the king of OCDs and a real gem of a human being. And till this date I miss him and his banter.

Travel

Last year we also decided to make a mini trip to India with our little bundle of joy . This was part of the reboot I was talking about.  I now have full respect for parents who travel with 2 or more kids. Our days were just spent scheming thing to wear him off so he would sleep in the flight, coz nobody wants to be those parents whose kid keeps the whole plane and the neighbouring countries up all night. No, our scheming didn’t work .Yes, he was awake for most of the flight journey and yes, he most definitely decided to do his vocal checks 35,000 feet up in the air. But you know what I realised, when your baby cries; you try to calm him and you just couldn’t give two hoots about the judging eyes around you.

Weddings

So we had about 3 weddings in 3 different states in India and yes, it was as hectic as it sounds. If you weren’t already aware or lived under a rock for most of your life, Indian weddings are a true piece of work. You are just knackered by the end of the events that just goes on for days. Ok so now try this with a toddler who just cannot fathom why we aren't having a White Christmas and just refuses to wear anything on as the heat was just too much for him to deal with. Yup, he worked on his ‘diaper look’… till he found out how he could take them off and then it was just 2 grown-ups looking at each other just nodding off questions like ‘ Is that your child?’. This was going very well till he started pointing at us and calling out “DADDDYYYY!!!!”, “MUMMMMY!!!!” at the top of his voice. Lucky for us, he’s still at that age where people just go…’Awwww!!!’

….what else?

There has been loads of mini stories happening here and there in my life.Some blog worthy and some not so much. Divorces, friends moving on in life, new jobs, new homes, laughter, joy and oodles of bliss moments! Now lets get crackin'.....

https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment