Monday 10 August 2015

Birchbox-ed


Welcome back…..so this month, like with my Glossybox, I forgot to cancel my rolling contract with Birchbox. And again no reminders or emails from the company letting me know that my next month’s box will be sent out. BUT O.M.G! What a box! I just loved….L.O.V.E.D!!!!.... this month’s beauty box.



So another month another set of products…

Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo – Sample Size of 50ml/£ (RRP £13.95/250ml)

I love clarifying shampoos …anything that promises that you will be product free before you hit the bed. Currently I use the Tresemme Cleanse and Renew Deep Cleansing Shampoo which works like a dream for me. The Kebelo shampoo promises similar things so will look forward to trying this out.

Huygens Exfoliating Cream – Sample Size of 10ml/£ (RRP £19.90 / 50ml)

This is a Birchbox exclusive and something completely new for me as I have never heard of this brand before. I haven’t had a chance to use this yet but it smells lovely which ticks one of the main requirements for me in beauty products. And it’s got this nice creamy texture and not the usual pasty kind of feel. So can’t wait to try this.

Rituals Ayurveda Body Scrub – Sample Size of 70ml/£ (RRP £10 / 150ml)

So, the first rituals product that I ever used was the Rituals White Lotus and Ginkgo Biloba Miracle Hand balm. And after smelling this body scrub I see a pattern with Rituals products. They just smell heavenly and the scrub I received contains Multani clay which has exfoliating micro beads in them to brighten and soften dull skin …so in the travel bag it goes!!!

Lord & Berry Blush in Lotus – Sample Size of 2gm/£ 1.50 (RRP £18 / 24gm)

So, when I heard a blush was included in the box, I was super excited expecting to see a super cute compact blush with a mini mirror. But that dream didn’t last too long! The sample product actually comes in one of those MAC eyeshadow pans. And I’m not too confident to just leave it without the plastic packaging that it comes with. Just in case it crumbles and ruins my bag or worse my other products. The product itself is a nice soft pink which looks quiet natural against my skin tone. But I think I might be using it more of an eyeshadow than a blush.

Laura Mercier Kohl eye pencil in Black Violet - Sample Size of 0.8gm /£12.95 (RRP £17.50 /1.08 gm.)

Ok, I don’t usually experiment with colours with my kohl eyeliners except for black and blue, but this was a beautiful violet colour. I’m yet to decide on a look that will complete or work with this colour though. The shades more violet than black though so not sure about the name Black Violet. The colour itself on the skin is quiet intense and pigmented but I find it not very cooperative in the smudging department .This can work with or against you depending on the look you are going for.

Illamasqua Matte Veil - Sample Size of 3ml/£3.20 (RRP £32 / 30ml)

Ok for the actual price for the full sized product. I had to try this on just to see if the hype was worth it. And sadly, I was disappointed. I wore this under by Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation. For those of you who use the foundation would know that the foundation itself does have a silky texture to it and I feel it does have a, if not a full …a slightly matte like finish so it looks more natural. When applied underneath the foundation, it didn’t do much for me except for the initial dewiness.

Overall, I loved this months beauty product and thats 2 months in a row Birchbox have managed to get some really awesome goodies out to me! So definitely a 5/5 from me and did I mention about the free emoji stickers included in the box?
Have you tried this month’s Birchbox? What are your thoughts? What are your favourite beauty boxes?

https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment