Monday 10 August 2015

Look Fantastic


Ola my darlings…and welcome to my blog. If you have been reading my previous posts you will know by now that I am a subscription box junkie. I love the whole concept of goodies selected and sent out to you in gorgeous little boxes. One of the things I want to learn from this exercise is what boxes are worth your time and what boxes are really not worth your time and effort.

In June I received my June edition of the lookfantastic beauty box (yup! It’s late and yup! I completely forgot about it) and this month I received my Birchbox August edition.

So first, the lookfantastic box. The June edition contained some high end brands to treat your skin and hair, and all in travel sizes, which will be perfect for my new Birchbag.  The best thing I liked about the LFBeauty box is that it’s not a rolling contract like the Birchbox or the Glossybox. They are one off boxes which you can purchase without committing yourself to a contract.

So the goodies, in no particular order

Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion – Sample Size of 5ml/£9.29 (RRP £65 /35ml )

Now I haven’t used any Murad products before I started using the Murad Age spot and Pigment Lightening Serum . And if the Murad Collagen is to be reviewed purely by the potential of the Lightening Serum it should be equally good or maybe better.

Nuxe Crème Prodigieux Anti Fatigue Lotion – Sample Size of 15ml/£7.88 (RRP £21 /40ml )

So a product I haven’t heard of before .But it says anti fatigue on the tube so guess I will be using this for all the damages I put my face through binge watching Orange is the New Black…..btw have you guys seen this gem of a show….if not, you might be the only ones left. Again.. a lovely addition to my travel potions.

Caudalie Radiance Serum – Sample Size of 10ml/£15  (RRP £45 /30ml )

Now this particular product I was super excited to try out and I get my excitement got the better of me. I pumped the sample size tube and it just spurted out a huge amount of lovely serum, which I had to then spread all over my face. The serum itself was very cooling and was absorbed in real quick. The serum is clinically proven to improve the appearance the dark spots and pigmentation. So will be testing this out as well. For 1/3rd the size of the full size product, there was quite a generous amount.

Label M Protein Spray – Sample Size of 50ml/£2.65  (RRP £13.25 /250ml )
So the LabelM I have heard of but never had a chance to use .But I tried this product on and I loved it. My hair is naturally curly and when you spray this on before you blow dry your hair it kind of brings your hair under control if you get what I mean. It didn’t seem as frizzy or not as much flyaways as I would normally have. So yes, I will be definitely looking out to buy the full size product soon.

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask  - Sample Size of 15ml/£9.60  (RRP £32 /50ml )

The first time I saw the REN brand was when I was in Debenhams. Now , I haven’t shopped in Debenhams in a while. As there was a time when Debenhams just failed to impress me at all.And it was like this place I would go to buy your secret Santa gifts and your perfumes. BUT I was amazed with the whole new look that the Debenhams in Oxford Circus has got going on and also the large number of known skincare and beauty products and some new discoveries as well. The particular Mask has a bit of a powerful citrusy scent but does do its job brightening up the skin once used.

Korres Aloe &Soapwort Shampoo  - Sample Size of  50ml/£1.80  (RRP £9 / 250ml )

So I have never heard of Korres until I got this box but from what I can see it’s a perfect travel size goody .They are a Greek Homeopathic company with all natural products in them and the concept of Aloe Vera in anything sounds good and healthy. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but it does smell lovely.

Overall, not bad for £15, a no strings attached deal. It’s a great way to trial beauty products from some really good and known brands and also some new discoveries.

Have you tried the lookfantastic box? What are your thoughts on the June edition? What are your favourite beauty boxes?

https://uk.pinterest.com/fursttymer/http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/FcyxuDhttps://instagram.com/f1rstt1mer/https://twitter.com/f1rstt1mer

0 comments:

Post a Comment